Monday, October 30, 2006

CIP in schools

I just read this entry at Trisha Reloaded.

While I know (in theory) of the existence of such conditions, I have never seen them before with my very own eyes, and quite frankly I am afraid to do so.

I remember back in secondary school, my CIP activities consisted of visiting old folks' homes and tutoring kids in Jamiyah homes... the shock value was nowhere as high as what was described. It's not that these are unworthy causes, but somehow I think that the time would have been better spent being exposed to the conditions of people in situations even more dire.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that with the widening income gap between the privileged and the unprivileged, it is the elite uncaring faces who most require exposure to such cases.
--

As a sidenote, my YSIS stint starts this Wednesday. Somewhat nervous about it. Haha. Oh well. Hopefully those kids won't be lynching me. Gulp.

No comments: