Sunday, November 19, 2006

One lost minute

To cut a long story short, I missed the last train back to York. The train was due to leave at 2200, and I arrived at 2201.

There are so many factors I can blame, some tenuous, some less so, and for a moment I'd actually believed that it wasn't entirely my fault, but at the end of the day I'm the only one truly accountable for my own mistakes, and I must accept this and move on.

It is an expensive lesson (£46.85 to be precise), but a lesson learnt nonetheless.

4 comments:

Miss Ginger said...

you arrived 10:01?! did you catch sight of the train leaving? :x oh dear did you know the train was actually early and we stopped at doncaster for 10 minutes :x sigh, yea shit happens louis...

JM said...

*jawdrop* You're kidding. That's almost exactly what happened to me.

Anonymous said...

What you could have done:

Plan (on the spot) another trip to London within a month; buy a £47.50 Saver Return and an advance single (as low as £9.50). Average cost of the three journeys would be around £19 instead of £46.85 for a single journey.

louist said...

that didn't occur to me. sadly, i do plan to return to london within the month. sigh. oh well, now i know what to do next time i miss the train...