Thursday, January 18, 2007

Heroes in a half-shell

I caught the second trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles recently, and I really want to watch it now. I think the animation is really quite cool, but more important there's the whole nostalgic feel to it.

I was never really a big Ninja Turtles fanatic, but I remember once when I was young, I was hospitalised and my family got me the Leonardo toy (I think my brother chose that, being his favourite turtle), which kinda cheered me up. Although I promptly proceeded to lose his katanas somewhere in the ward (sorry, bro), and a weaponless mutant turtle just isn't that fun a toy.

I've always wondered if the heroes were in a hard shell or half-shell (I hear the latter but the former seems more logical), but this site seems to indicate the latter, so... oh well. Half-shell it is.

3 comments:

JM said...

It's always been 'heroes in a half-shell'! How on earth did you hear it wrongly?

louist said...

well, if you read my post you'll find that i actually hear half-shell, just that my brain autocorrects for logical coherence...

Magdalene said...

hi louis, i just happened to surf by. i'm very sure it's half-shell, 'cos i used to adore the turtles when i was a kid. especially raphael. :)