Sunday, February 25, 2007

BPS Research Assistantship

I received this email on Friday.

To All

We are looking for a student to put forward for the British Psychological Society Research Assistantship Scheme. The scheme aims to provide undergraduates with hands-on experience of research during the summer vacation between the second and third year of their degree.

The recipient of this prestigious award will work as a Research Assistant for a period of 6-8 weeks on a defined research project under the supervision of Dr Claudine Crane. Interested candidates should be expecting to receive a high 2:1 or 1st class degree; be considering research as a career and have some experience working with young children.

If you are interested in applying for this award please contact me as soon as possible.

thank you
Claudine Crane

I've replied and she's asked for my CV, which I've not sent in yet but probably will soon. Initially I was worried that it would clash with my MOE attachment this year, but she said that they haven't decided the schedule yet so I should just apply first.

I wasn't really able to find any information on this particular scheme on the university webpages or even on Google, but I'm assuming it's like the URES programme, with extra prestige. And her field of research is likely to be related to language intervention programmes, which I'm actually relatively interested in.

I don't know if I'll get it (particularly with my sucky interview skills), but... oh well. No harm applying, right? It's going to be a busy summer if I do get it, though. Haha. Wonder if I'm up to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

remind me to send you some cv-writing resources whenever you see me online laptop battery dying