Thursday, November 10, 2005

Random

To keep themselves warm, the hedgehogs huddled together causing them to be pricked by each others' spines, thus making them keep a distance from each other. As the night wore on, they huddled and separated until finally they found a common, bearable distance from both their spines and the cold.
-Arthur Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena

I was just musing about the hedgehog's dilemma earlier and trying to procrastinate (as usual) so I did a little googling on the topic, and wow. It's older than I'd thought, this analogy. Way older.

On a totally unrelated note, the blue ball machine is pretty amusing. It gets irritating quite quickly (especially with that music), but I found it quite fascinating for a little while.

As yet another aside, I found the issue of white elephant t-shirts to be really funny. Cute. I support these girls! (hmm they're geppers aren't they?) I'll go email them and ask about ordering a t-shirt. It'll be really funny to have one.

No comments: