Saturday, May 13, 2006

Turning of the Wheel

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose.... The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of time.

But it was a beginning.

So everything changes, and what's new about that? I think I'm finally getting the hang of it all, though, and strangely enough I don't find myself just wishing everything was back to the way it used to be. I suspect that one of the pitfalls of having been in NY/RI GEP was that for the longest time, I'd been comfortably exposed to mostly the same faces. I do still look at days gone by with a certain sort of wistfulness sometimes, but I no longer try to hang on to it so hard.

If it's meant to be, it will be. Things are often better than you think they are. Why expend all that time and energy focusing on the past, when the future has so much more to look out for?

1 comment:

Đirestraits said...

whats there to hang on to in the past? i mean, we have fond memories of course, but -hanging on-?